Please do not forget to sign your message!
READ and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS, please
In the section below, "Hi Steph!" please leave me a message about using this Wiki. Use two equal signs before and after a "title" that you give your message (think of it like a subject line of an email) and be sure to include your wiki-signature so I click through on it to your brand new User Page. (Returning students, we will be editing/redesigning the User Page in due time.) Steph(talk) 12:35, 17 January 2011 (EST)
- When posting messages and assignments in the UMass Wiki, please be sure to always include your "signature" using either the signature button (above) or four tildas in a row ~~~~. Steph(talk) 09:20, 27 January 2008 (EST)
how to leave a message for Steph (or anyone else on their discussion/talk page)
- Notice the white tabs that jut up into the maroon border. Your "user page" is where your work goes. Your "discussion" page is where to read messages posted to you by classmates and the teacher, and is where you post messages to the teacher and your classmates. You are presently reading material on Steph (the teacher's) discussion/user talk page.
- The third tab (counting from the left) says "edit." The fourth tab is a "+" symbol. The short cut for adding a message is the "+" tab. Before you do that, though, please read the rest of these instructions and follow the directions. You will have to
- a) read
- b) think about what you're reading
- c) make connections between the explanation you're reading and the information it is about (which is what you are seeing - or will see - on this page after you click the "edit" tab).
- Click the edit tab and you will see all of the text on this webpage and some coding. Don't (for now anyway) mess with anything already written.
- When you click the + tab above, a new box will open that is completely empty (no text). There will be a "subject line" box, use this sortof like an email heading: give me a hint of what's to come. After you type that, click into the larger comment box and type away. Now, most important is that you add your "signature" - this is a time/date stamp that does two things: first it lets me know when you posted your comment or question, second, it automatically puts in a link that takes me to YOUR usertalk page, which is where I will leave a response for you. Next time you log in, if you have any "new messages", then an announcement (a banner) will let you know.
- To sign, there is a button/icon just above the comment box...the second one from the right end is a kind of "john hancock" symbol. You can click that at the end of your message. Or you can type in a code, four tildas in a row, no spaces.
- Ok - it probably sounds complicated but once you do it a few times the habit will be set. THAT is what I want, to SET the HABIT! Always sign - it is a way of taking responsibility, showing pride, and being accountable. I look forward to "seeing you" - that is, reading you, in the Wiki
(Now, go click that + tab and let's get it started!)
- Steph(talk) 12:40, 17 January 2011 (EST)
your message will FAIL if it looks like this!
- Notice that this message "fails" because there is no signature. :-(
- If you don't sign it, I can not answer your question or give feedback. Steph(talk) 15:37, 6 September 2010 (EDT)
- Make sure you use the equal sign symbols "=" to create a header!
Looking Back to Fall 2010
Final Wiki Product of the Fall 2010 Introduction to Interpersonal Communication for incoming Communication majors in the Residential Academic Program.
Remember this question: How are we going to learn?
Consciousness: Beginning with Thunder
Reality - where resides The Photographic Record
Encountering the Deaf Voice, Perceiving the Deaf Eye
Communicating Intimately Team Papers based on Gender and Identity Team Notes
- COM118, last version of User Talk Page
- COM118 Fall 2010 up through 20 September 2010
- COM118 Fall 2010 up through 1 November 2010
- Students' Learning Ability, by Clkel0
- Learning to the Max, by Sgershlak
- Becoming Educable, by Ceekay2892
- Becoming Educable, by Sgershlak
- Becoming Educable, by Mhatz24
- Tools For Learning, by Chelseag68
Making Sense of Steph's Feedback
First round by Nfoy, Taylorgarron, and ckmetz.
Notes from Mhatz24
Possible Explanations for Deans symptoms:
- Dean has a social or learning disability
- Dean cannot actually hear things so he must use his other senses to make up for is lack of hearing
- Mary Ann is just a figure of his imagination- something that he has crafted in his brain
- Uncle Richard is not actually Dean's uncle, but is again, something that he has crafted in his brain
- The sound of the engine could be a link to something in Dean's past that has been haunting him
Cast of IPC CHARACTERS
Rosemara, Asbolduc, Cdanoff, Ddavies Kimdelehanty, Dipiero, Sarah Ellis, Dfoley, Nfoy, Taylorgarron, Sgershlak, Chelseag68, Ali Haddad, Rhann, Mhatz24, Smheffer, Shilton12, Mjezard, Natashakapadia, Clkel0 CeeKay2892, Kkoswick, Ckmetz Kayla landry, Mcliu, Imaimon, Hmonahan, D.Robinson, Ktrychon
Historical Archives (and some Resources)
This index includes links to
- solutions to specific challenges I've faced with UMassWiki,
- general ideas and resources for a better online interface.
- previous classes,
- some background material on hypertextuality, and
- previous student/teacher and teacher/wiki owner conversations,.
- More details at Wikpedia: PIC!
give me a hint of what's to come
My name is Kenny Alfonso and I'm not sure what i'm supposed to write in this message. --Kalf917 13:14, 25 January 2011 (EST)
First UMass Wiki Message!
Hi Steph, I've (hopefully) set up my wiki page correctly! --BrittR00 21:00, 30 January 2011 (EST)
Hi Professor Kent
Hi Steph, I think I am understanding this WIKI a little better. Hope you enjoyed your weekend, see you in class Tuesday. --Heath Corey Storm Danforth 21:24, 31 January 2011 (EST)
Returning to the Wiki
Am I in?
Hi Steph I'm trying to get enrolled in our classwiki =) --Csi 15:36, 6 February 2011 (EST)
First Wiki Message
Hi Steph! ...This is my first wiki message... Hope I figured it out right! Msanders 10:57, 8 February 2011 (EST)Msanders
Steph! my user page is set up! wo ohoo! Steph(talk) 14:54, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Steph! My user page is set up now. sweet
--BrittR00 14:55, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Steph! my user page is set up. Wo Hoo--Kalf917 14:55, 8 February 2011 (EST)
steph!my user page is setup Sorlando 14:55, 8 February 2011 (EST)
hey watsup Jameshoffman 14:55, 8 February 2011 (EST)
I set up my user home page.
Steph. My user page is set up!--BostonPride 14:55, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Hey Steph my user page has been set up HAHAHA =)--Csi 14:55, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Hey Steph, its me, Brandon Geary NewLiberty 14:56, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Hi Steph, I completed the wiki, my Userpage looks like this with a quote on the top and it brings you all to my sites. THANKS
- Write Steph a message
- Syllabus and Assignments.
- Tweet me.
- Tumblr "Work in Progress"
- Wiki Makeover.
--Heath Corey Storm Danforth 15:09, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Steph! I'm curious about thursday --Natasha Kapadia 14:58, 8 February 2011 (EST)
steph! i made my own page Wallybeckler 14:58, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Here I am
15:02, 8 February 2011 (EST) Hey Steph, Can you see my account now? My login name is --Hbcohen91 15:03, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Steph! my user page is set up.....wordJwegrzyn 15:11, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Hey, I'm on the wiki. Jamer574 15:17, 8 February 2011 (EST)
--Csilv117 15:19, 8 February 2011 (EST)
Hi I don't know if pinks were supposed to leave messages too but just in case I'm here! KimDelehanty 14:44, 9 February 2011 (EST)
EReserve & PRS
- Could you please tell me our EReserve password?
- Also, I went to the Textbook Annex last Friday to buy the PRS clicker, but they were out of stock. The cashier said they would e-mail me as soon as the new PRS arrives. He said it was gonna take 2-5 business days. I'm still waiting for the e-mail. Hopefully they will get them by tomorrow afternoon.
--Csi 14:51, 9 February 2011 (EST)
Steph, I just wrote my seminar blog entry and my dumb ass found a way to make it disappear. I either did not officially post it or something. Please help, it was really good. And on the wiki!!
Sgershlak 22:20, 15 February 2011 (EST)
Hey Steph, Can you explain how i post my tweets up to be graded for? I've been adding to Wiki, Tumblr, and Twitter every chance I get. THANKS, --Heath Corey Storm Danforth 21:23, 21 February 2011 (EST)
Finally Made One
Hi Steph. Finally made a wiki. JickNablonski 15:15, 22 February 2011 (EST)
I did it! Finally!
Got my wiki up and running! Figuring out how to navigate it =x Hunte46 23:19, 23 February 2011 (EST)
finally made my wiki
I finally created my umasswiki! still confused as to how to edit itJLeone 13:36, 24 February 2011 (EST)JLeone
Hey Steph, I uploaded everything to YouTube, can't find a song that's as good as the one I had :( . I'll be sure to bring it to class Thursday to show. Also when I uploaded it then went to search for it it doesn't appear but the links will bring you to it, any ideas why? THANKS, --Heath Corey Storm Danforth 16:42, 1 March 2011 (EST)
Better Late than Never
I honestly never realized everyone had their own section on wiki. I set mine up this weekend and I still have some editing to do, but it's up and running and I'll be using it to aid my team in our final project. Chadb0urne 14:18, 18 April 2011 (EST)
Hi steph, I know I'm little late with the QTI's but i finished them up. Is there anything I can do as side work for the final so I can maybe make up some absences ? --Heath Corey Storm Danforth 16:36, 19 April 2011 (EDT)
some are here and need to be moved to